The privileged situation of the hotel, in the heart of La Rioja Alta, allows reaching any corner of our land in a blink of eyes.
A few 5 km is located the Museum of The Wine Dinastía Vivanco in Briones. A little further, Haro, where you will find centuries-old wineries to visit and a wonderful area of wines and tapas bars.
From San Asensio is equally easy to access to the Castilian Cradle. Yuso and Suso monasteries, in San Millán de la Cogolla, are located at a short half hour, in an area where you can also visit the Valavanera monastery or the Cistercian Abbey of Cañas.
Our hotel is close to The Santiago’s Way. Near to the hotel are Logroño, Navarrete, Nájera and Santo Domingo de la Calzada, four essentials references for any pilgrim.
The touristic Ezcaray, with the Valdezcaray ski station, is another must-see landmarks remaining hand of our hotel.
On the other side of the river Ebro is La Rioja Alavesa . Laguardia or Elciego are discovered by the tourist as true jewels.
And the wine that gives its name to La Rioja surrounds La Capellanía hotel on all four sides. Vineyards, wineries, castles, “guardaviñas”…. Places to discover the world of wine in depth or simply to welcome relaxed moments in a spectacular landscape.
What to visit?
- La Rioja Alta wine route (Haro, San Vicente de la Sonsierra, Briones…) and La Rioja Alavesa (Elciego, Laguardia)
- The Way of St. James (Logroño, Nájera, Santo Domingo de la Calzada)
- Monastries of San Millán de la Cogolla (Suso and Yuso)
- Route of the Romanesque and the Castles
- Ezcaray and Valdezcaray.
- Visits to wineries
- Walks among the vineyards
- Wine tasting courses
- Wine therapy in the hotel
- Horseback riding, bike or hot air balloon
- Golf in the fields of Logroño, Cirueña, Sojuela or Lagrán
- Skiing at Valdezcaray station